Namibia

Namibia: Konin Crowe re-suspended… vows to drop legal action

Onguideva – George Kamsip, Konneni’s previously suspended chief regional officer, was reappointed this month as the new CRO for the next two years.

Kamsip officially resumed his duty on Wednesday.

The two-year contract will enable him to complete his term as he was on hold for the last two years of his term.

Kamsib’s contract expired in 2018, but has been suspended since 2016 with full pay.

The decision to reinstate him was taken at a board meeting at the end of May.

According to messages seen by New Era, Regional Council Chairman Hendrik Gobab said in a letter addressed to the Minister of Urban and Regional Development, Erastus Otuni, dated June 9, 2021, that the decision had been taken to end the protracted legal battle between Kamseb and Kamseb. Regional Council.

The letter also notes that this decision is intended to promote effective management and the work of the Board.

Council sources claim that the responsible minister disagrees with the appointment of the new CRO.

They claim that the new council defied the advice of both the attorney general and the Public Service Commission to announce the position as Kamsip’s term expired in 2018.

Minister Otuni did not answer his phone when called for comment.

The head of the regional council refused to go into the matter, indicating that he had been in contact with the relevant minister.

“I have contacts with the minister and cannot comment on administrative matters. Whoever says the appointment is illegal has the responsibility to advise us because we are in the same institutions instead of turning to the media. When these decisions are made, we sit down with the technical team,” Quoub said sternly.

The letter of appointment addressed to CMSB asked him to drop any financial claims against the Board.

“Please alert us when you will start working at the earliest, and from what date the recall period will apply,” the letter read.

By accepting his new role, Kamsp vowed to drop all legal actions against the council. “I thank Cunene Regional Council for bringing him back to office, and herewith agree that no further action of any kind shall be taken against the other in any court or tribunal,” his acceptance letter read.

.

مقالات ذات صلة

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

شاهد أيضاً
إغلاق
زر الذهاب إلى الأعلى